Re: (ASCEND) What Am I missing?

At 11:32 AM 6/9/98 -0500, Jim Logan wrote:

>Ok, Max4048 that's on couple of PRI's (The "Weird 4048 eariler last week).
>If we set *anything* in Wan Options, with Dial Plan =Trnk Gp  and a phone
>number in the "Ans 1#=" ISDN callers get in, routes all of them correctly,
>but all other incoming analog calls don't..  I guess anything under Wan
>Options forces the 4048 to assume all callers calling into that number are
>ISDN callers... but without a number being in there, no ISDN callers get in
>at all.  Have tried just putting the phone number under indiviual slots, as
>well in the K56 Modem Card Settings, didn't help.  How do I enable both
>Analog, and ISDN on the same chassis, without having a seperate number for
>each?  Supposedly the "Dchannel" is supposed to do the routing to
>appropriate location (Bus or Modem Card)??

Are your ISDN customers using data over voice (DOSBS) services? If so, then
there is no way to distinguish between them unless you have two separate
dial-in numbers. Even on ISDN, the call is being presented to the MAX as a
"voice" call and forwarded to the modem cards...until you set the Ans # which
then forces them *all* to the HDLC slots....

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.