Re: (ASCEND) ISDN setup between Cisco Router and Multiband VSX

I noticed a significant lack of responses to this....I too missed it :(

At 12:32 PM 5/26/98 SIN, Don Sim wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>	I am setting up ISDN backup using Cisco Router and Ascend MultiBand VSX.
The setup is as follows :-

>	LAN----Cisco A------Ascend Multiband----------------------------Cisco B
>			    Serial					ISDN Link			BRI
>			    Port									Port
>
>	I have configured the Cisco router for V.25Bis dialing with the Ascend
box. That means that the router will issue the Ascend InverseMux the ISDN
number to dial. While the Ascend InverseMux has been configured to bond 2
channels when calling.

You mean with the BONDING protocol?

>	I have the following problems when doing the test :-
>	(1)	When dialing Cisco B directly using the Ascend box, both the channles
are activated. However, when dialing from Cisco A to Cisco B, the
connection can be established but only one channel is activated.

The Cisco B will need to setup a 2-channel BONDING call....*can* it do that?

>	(2)	As adviced by Cisco, in V.25Bis dialing, the Cisco router (Cisco A)
can only issue the CRN command string to the Ascend but is unable to issue
CRS. Thus, the router is not able to select profile resident in the Ascend
box. This is a limitation as the customer would like to dial different
sites using different profiles. Can the Ascend box utilize different
profile using only the CRN string sent by the Cisco router ?

As long as the only thing that will change is the number to dial (so the
protocol,
number of channels etc. is consistent), then the CRN command is sufficient.
Just
assign different numbers to dial with the CRN command.

>	Kindly advice on the workarounds for the above problems encountered. Your
kind response is deeply appreciated. Thank you very much.

I'm not sure of workarounds from the Cisco dialing, as it needs to be
able to request a 2-channel connection....

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.