(ASCEND) Magic INIT string

Thought I would share this with you guys.
We have 2 TNT's with k56 flex modems in them.
People with x2 modems (USR and the likes) have had a lot of disconnects
with us.
We usually give them one of the modem INIT strings below and it almost
always helps.
The &D0 makes it so that if the modem thinks the DTR drops, it does not
disconnect you.
This will also let some of the 56k x2 modems connect at higher than 28.8
and sometimes up to 40+k.
Hope these help:

For 56k modems
AT&F1&C1&D0&K3S15=128
for 288 and 336 modems
AT&F1&C1&D0&K3

These have been lifesavers for me.

Keith Rice
North County Times
Internet Services Manager
http://www.nctimes.net
Phone: (760) 739-6625
Pager: (888) 996-0289
E-mail Pager: page-keith@nctimes.com
We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.