Re: (ASCEND) TNT accounting with Access control

> Anyone have problems getting a TNT to talk to an Access control radius
> accounting server?
>
> I have port 1646 open for it in /etc/services (solaris)
> I am running radius with this line:
> /usr/sbin/radiusd -d /etc/raddb -a /etc/radacct -P
>
> /etc/radacct does exist and is chmod to 777 (for now)

> The errors I am getting in my logfile are as follows:
> Tue Jun 23 00:00:07 1998: get_radrequest: Rcvd invalid acctg-req. digest
> from nitro.nctimes.com[1952]

I believe that is an error caused by a ip/secret discrepency.

Make sure your clients file jives with your TNT.  Don't know if you are
using the type option within the clients file, it came in later releases
of the merit code like so:

host.name     secret	 type=Ascend:NAS

I seem to recall this particular error when proxying to a USR's little
radius server, which was minimally fixed with the USR type flag in the
clients file.

R. Marc