Re: (ASCEND) X.75 Troubles

Hi.

> Our users have big problems with X.75 with our new Ascend if the haven't
> configured their X.75 Package size to 1024 bytes...
>
> But the standard is 2048 in the most adapters... :(((

It's nice enough if you configure 1024 on your side.
This helped almost everytime when a customer ad a problem.

> Before we bought ascend we used else Elink modems and these worked
> really good. Ascend is really good, but this is a real problem. Do you
> have a solution for this problem???

           \N4           ->   \N10
           S171=7   ->   S171=20   (%P0 -> %P1)

Switch to HDLC or whatever these settings really do.
*This* worked for a customer using an Elink Modem.

> We had problems in the dialin with USRs, ...

Who does NOT have it? After using 5.0Ap41 for a week or so it's gone better
though we're still experiencing problems with USR modems.

On some web pages out there you may find some (esoteric?) hints on nice
strings for USR modems. There's also some useful pages on ascend.com.

HTH,
Alexander Koch

--
SGH Internet Division         Alexander Koch, Administration
Waldstr. 36, 30163 Hannover   eMail: akoch@sgh-net.de