(ASCEND) Modem stalls in 6.1.0 with 12-port 56K Modem card

I am experiencing some trouble with my Ascend MAX unit at work.  We
primarily use our Ascend MAX to do dedicated ISDN customer connectivity and
a T1 customer, however we do host employee dialins on the remainder of our
channels.  When an employee dials in, everyone (including myself) has their
modem stop responding for a few seconds, after which the normal service will
continue.  They aren't being disconnected and I don't think it's just
retraining.  Has anyone seen this problem before?  Any insight into the
matter is appreciated.

Robert Gash
Systems Administrator
Cybermax, Inc.