Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Radius (fwd)

Could you please tell what can be disabled so I can disable as much as
possible. It is crashing my radius server on reboots. Below is also an
excert frome the MacRadius site

Some of our customers get a lot of strange authentication traffic from
their Ascend equipment when first configuring MacRADIUS. This is usually
the Ascend looking for pseudo-user profiles so that it can configure
itself. The tip-off is that the user name being authenticated usually has
the name of the Ascend NAS itself in it. You should either define the
needed pseudo-users or turn configuration via RADIUS off at the Ascend.

Thanks
Bennie

>The MAX still asks for a bunch of weird stuff at startup, some of which can
>be disabled. That ought not to cause too much bother to any RADIUS server.
>Otherwise, it should act RFC-like, as should AAC when talking to other
>NAS'.
>
>Of course I may have missed something here, but I think we are well on the
>way to fixing any complaints people had in the past.
>

>Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
>Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.
>
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

Bennie Warren             /\