Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Numbered interfaces on a TNT

Hi,

I'm setting up a point-to-point T1 between a TNT (7.2.0) and a Pipe
130 (6.1.44) using Frame Relay encaps and numbered interfaces.

I have a couple questions:

1. The TNT doesn't want to let me add a if-remote-address, saying
that the setting is deprecated and read-only. I'm trying to set:

remote-address = 1.1.1.1/24
netmask-remote = 255.255.255.0
if-remote-address = 2.2.2.1
local-address = 2.2.2.2/30
netmask-local = 255.255.255.252

But I get:

admin> set if-remote-address ?
if-remote-address:
  Field is deprecated; use the 'remote-address' field to specify the
  address of the remote host.
IP address or netmask field, example 192.207.23.13

Where do I put the interface and Ethernet addresses of the far side?

2. I'd like to have the Pipeline not need to know the TNT's address,
just the TNT's interface address. In the Pipeline, is setting the
TNT's interface address as the default route adequate, leaving:

LAN Adrs=2.2.2.2/30
WAN Alias=0.0.0.0
IF Adrs=0.0.0.0/0

Thanks.