Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) T1 ---->> E1

At 11:48 PM 7/1/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>At 05:48 PM 7/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>Just what is the process of getting a Max 4xxx converted from T1 (US)
>>capabilities to E1 (Europe)?  Is it possible with hash code alone, a major
>>retrofit, better off just buying a E1 Capable unit from the start?   The
>>question has come up on another (ISP-Equipment) list, and quite frankly, in
>>all the time I've been on this list, don't recall seeing an answer..
>
>	I believe (don't quote me) all you need is a code upgrade.

  That's the way it appears 'if' you have an E1 Chassis, evidently the
hardware is totally dif.  Ref another message in ISP-Equiupment group -
which I guess means then, can a T1 capable unit be 'retrofitted' hardware
wise to E1, and whether it's even cost effective to do so rather than just
buying a new E1 capable unit outright.

------Quoted Message----------------------------

Gentlemen,

The hardware is not the same, period.
You have to buy either a T1 or an E1 chassis, depending on your country's
standard.

After buying an E1 chassis, you may buy the Hash Code for R2 signaling (it's
what we do in Brazil).
But the R2 signaling DOES NOT change your chassis from T1 to E1.
(I wish it would, because E1 chassis are far more expensive than the T1
ones... :-(

Cheers,

Ricardo Freire, MCP
Diretor Técnico