Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

RE: (ASCEND) AAC RADIUS NT Crashing!

Just as a warning to everybody: Call-logging should NOT be used as a
substitute for Radius.

Call-logging was designed for use ONLY with Lucent's NavisAccess management
product. However, it was in some instances documented as being a substitute
for Radius.  This was a mistake.  Furthermore, with the 7.2 release of TAOS,
call-logging begins a significant divergence from Radius, and it WILL cause
problems with Radius servers.

Going forward, please do NOT use call-logging as a Radius substitute,
because it will not work.  Again, call-logging is designed specifically to
provide data to NavisAccess, and it does NOT attempt to adhere to any Radius
standards.

Peter Eicher
NavisAccess Marketing Manager