Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Re: You are invited!

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 02:32:27PM -0700, Jerry O'Brien wrote:

>I just sent off a complaint to abuse@concentric.net about this one. I'd
>encourage others to do the same ;-) But yes, this list does seem to get
>spammed a lot.

That's probably a waste of electrons since concentric seems to consign
complaints to the bit bucket.

I try fairly successfully to minimize spam that gets through to the
majordomo mailing lists we maintain by using a large number of taboo
patterns for the body of the messages.  Any messages matching the patterns
are bounced to the list-owner for approval which catches a large percentage
of spam attempts.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``I don't care how little your country is, you got a right to run it like
you want to.  When the big nations quit meddling, then the world will have
peace.''
    Will Rogers