Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) CRC errors to the Max (no pun intended)

Hi All,

Today, I had a very weird problem.  We have a 6096 that has four CT1s going
into a 1A switch with U S West.
The T1s are set for B8ZS, ESF, inc-winc-200, and FDL is ANSI, collect
DNIS/ANI is set to yes.

I got a complaint from someone that they heard a solid tone when they called
into our max...So I tried it myself.  Yep, solid tone.  I had everyone in my
office try it, solid tone.

So I checked the Wan stats on the Max.  ~280000 CRCs and rising at a rate of
100 per second or so.  (Geeze!)

I noticed that the box had been up for 30 days.

It looks like each of the T1s were taking errors according to the FDL stats
each one was something like 50 EE.

I rebooted the max and everything is working fine now.

For the first few days after the last time I reset the max I didn't see any
CRC errors at all.  But after time, they slowly happened more and more.  I
had a fellow I know mention to me that he called ascend tech support about
his customers getting random disconnects and the ascend tech said something
like this. "If you have more than one CT1 coming from the same CO, you need
to set the first T1s clock source to YES and the rest to no."  Does anyone
know anything about this?  I have all of my CT1s set to YES on every one of
my maxes here and I have 14 CT1s.  I'm wondering if this maybe caused the
problem.

Sincerely,
Daniel J. Vance

P.S.  I also CC'd this to the Inet Access list because some of the smartest
people in the world are on that list.