Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4002 won't link to PRI

Actually, PRI->T1 is not the hash code option for enabling D-channel
signalling.  That's a Max feature that allows the Max take in a PRI line
in one Wan port (say Wan 1) and reroute channels from the PRI out
another WAN port (say Wan 4) as a T1 (and also in the opposite
direction).  Usually the T1 line is then plugged into a PBX.

If you check the 00-100 screen again, you should check to see if "ISDN
Sig Installed" is set (which I believe it should already be since you
were able to configure your line with "Sig Mode=ISDN").  This is the
option to give you d-channel signalling which allows you to have a PRI
in the Max.  Without it, you can only do inband signalling (plain ol
T1).

If it still fluctuates between RA (red alarm), YA (yellow alarm) and IS
(all one's), then it could be either a cable problem or the telco really
needs to check the physical layer between the demarc and their CO.
Assuming that the cable run from the Max to the demarc is not that long
(say no longer then 10-50 feet), try a different CAT-5 cable.  You can
also try plugging the PRI into another Wan port of the Max.
Otherwise, it's most likely a telco problem.

Well, you're right. I checked the screen (00-100) under the software
version and it says PRI <-> T1 Not Inst.  The 10-100 screen continues
to vascillate between red alarm, yellow alarm and 1S. I have power
cycled
the MAX since manually entering the Hash. What would the next logical
step be?
I have the MAX T-1 WAN port hooked to the extended demarc's RJ-48 with a

known working straight through CAT-5.

ascend-users-request@bungi.com