Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) time online?

>  Is there a way to find out how long a user has been online via SNMP?  The
> finger information doesn't give me enough to go on, and i couldn't find
> anything obvious in my snmpwalk.

Sure. If you have the session ID, you can ask for the following SNMP
variable:

callStatusStartingTimeStamp.####

where #### is the session ID.

The resulting time is expressed as the uptime of the box in seconds at the
time the call connected, so you may want to add that value to:

sysAbsoluteStartupTime

to get an absolute time stamp for when the call started.
sysAbsoluteStartupTime is expressed as a number of seconds since 1990.

-Phil