Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) VRouters in 8.0.1

I have a question if it'll work (how to do it)

We have a Max6000 with 3*E1 (90 Channels dialin) and a 4th E1 running
Stacked Wideband (X*64K channels) etc
the 4th has the main default route pointing out of it (to the connection at
the other end)

Can I set vrouters so I can make all the traffic from dialins go through
another machine (this will run transparent
proxying via linux/squid) and then go back to another vrouter back to its
default route which is the connection on the
4th E1 (a little hard to explain)

MAX6000 (VR1) default route = IP address of linux box (ethernet card 1)
MAX6000 (VR2) default route = other end of 4th PRI Stacked wideband
connection.

Linux box with 2 ethernet cards on it..
1st card on VR1 ip addresses
2nd card on VR2 ip addresses default route of Max6000 (VR2)
(Or I can use 1 ethernet card and use 2 ip addresses on it)

Or am thinking VRouting is something it is not?

I have always wanted the Max do it something that the Cisco's do (policy
routing for certain ports (redirect say port 80 to
anther ip A

Thanks
Craig Whitmore
iGRIN Internet