Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) SNMP Traps?

> Hey all,
>
> We just got a trap server up, and most of the OIDs we're receiving are
> resolving fine, but this one doesn't appear to be in the MIBs.  Anyone have
> any idea what we're seeing?  (and, we're seeing a LOT of these from various
> maxen).
>

> Manager         :Trapd Probe
> Agent           :Ascend Modem
> AlertGroup      :x
> AlertKey        :.1.3.6.1.4.1.52916
> Severity        :Indeterminate
> Summary         :.1.3.6.1.4.1.529 6 16

Well I'm not totally sure how to interpret this reporting format, but I'm
guessing the format of the Summary line is:

Summary		:<enterprise-specific-oid> <trap-type> <specific-type>

<enterprise-specific-oid> = .1.3.6.1.4.1.529, which is Ascend's OID
<trap-type> = 6, meaning enterprise specific trap
<specific-type> = 16, which is TRAP-TYPE 16 under Ascend's OID, which is:

    eventTableOverwrite TRAP-TYPE
        ENTERPRISE      ascend
        DESCRIPTION     "A new event has overwritten an unread event.
                         This trap is sent only for systems which
                         support Ascend's accounting MIB.
                         Once sent, additional overwrites will not
                         cause another trap to be sent until at least
                         1 table's worth of new events have occured."
        ::= 16

(from ascend.trp)

-Phil