Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) ISDN over 24 Channel T1

I am trying to find out some [specific] information about terminating
ISDN calls via a T1 (rather than PRI).  We would like to do this on
a MAX4048.  The 4048 is for ISDN only.... currently it is running with
a PRI, and all modem cards have been removed.  Due to tarrifs, we can
purchase T1's *much* cheaper than PRI's.  I have searched the archives
and have read numerous posts stating that ISDN calls can be terminated
on non-PRI T1's, with the caveat that the callers will only be
able to get 56kbps rather than 64kbps.  My questions are:

1) Are any of you actually running this sort of setup?  If so, I would greatly
   appreciate it if we could exchange a couple of emails.
2) Is multilink still possible?  In other words, can users combine
   their 2 ISDN channels to get a 112kbps connection the same way that
   they can get a 128kbps connection with a PRI?
3) Is there any special telco provisioning that needs to be done to get
   this to work on a non-PRIT1?

Any info that anyone can provide on this topic, _especially_ info from
first hand experience, would be *greatly* appreciated!

Thank you!