Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Max 2012 losing connection to the E1

We saw similar problems with 6.1.24. We are now running 7.0.4
and all is well. I have mailed this group before with details of the
problems I had, but can't find them at the moment.

If you need more details please ask and I will try to find them again.

Jill Bell
Bradford University

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:45:13 +0100 Alexander Bochmann
<ascend-users@freinet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have here a problem with a Max 2012 connected to an E1 line: Whenever
> there is more than very light load on the machine (i.e. > 5 or so users),
> it will apparently lose part of it's connection to the telco. The users
> that are already online can continue working without problems, but all
> new callers just get a BUSY signal. Yet, there is no "Trunk Down" message
> from the Max (although, sometimes a "Trunk Up" can be seen in the log).
>
> The problem goes away for a short time when setting the line to Disabled,
> kicking off all users, and then back to Trunk.
>
> Shortly before the line gets busied I have noticed that there is packet
> loss when the Max calls itself using the "test" command from the
> terminal server console.
>
> We have run a Max Classic before on the same line, but while the packet
> loss can also be noticed on that box, it never had comparable trouble.
>
> I have tried several software versions (6.1.7, 6.1.24, 7.0.22, 7.0.26,
> always using feik.m20 loads), to no avail.
> The telco has already changed equipment on their side, and says they
> see no problem on the line. We have changed cabling and such, but
> there was no improvement...
>
> Is such a problem known, or are there any ways to debug the problem
> with on-board diagnostic means on the Max? Is the Max 2012 more prone
> to errors on the E1 connection as the Classic?
>
> A. Bochmann
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Jill Bell
Bradford University Computer Centre