TCLUG Development Archive

error

Anyone familiar with this error?

java.sql.SQLException: Before start of result set
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.ResultSet.checkRowPos(ResultSet.java)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.ResultSet.getString(ResultSet.java)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.ResultSet.getString(ResultSet.java)

I get it when I first try to pull Strings from teh result set.
If code is needed I can provide, but I am basically looking for what is means. Is my row off somehow? I am pulling 3 things from 3 different tables in 1 query. I am not doing an <ResultSet>.next(), do I need to? Thanks.

Erick

Erick Stohr - PageLab Network, Inc.
mailto:erick@pagelab.net  http://pagelab.net

Your search-to-sale global e-commerce solution!

Toll free 1-800-447-0607
Voice 612-362-9224
Fax 612-362-9227
43 Main Street SE, Suite 228