TCLUG Development Archive

aahh

Does anyone see anything wrong with this code? I echo my classpath and I
see the mysql_comp.jar in there, so I am guessing it is somethign else.
It is throwing a ClassNotFoundException.

this is the error::

Cannot load database driver
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver
 at SmallProgram.main(SmallProgram.java:21)

here is a snippet
public class SmallProgram extends Object {

   private static Statement statement;
   private static Connection connection;
   private static String URL = "jdbc:mysql://foo";

   private static DBManager manager;

   public static void main ( String args[] ) {

      try {
      Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
      connection = DriverManager.getConnection( URL, "foo", "foo" );
      statement = connection.createStatement();
      manager = new DBManager(statement);
       manager.setDebug(true);
       }
     catch (SQLException e) {
     System.out.print("SQL Exception \n");
     e.printStackTrace();
     System.exit(1);
     } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
     System.out.print("Cannot load database driver \n");
     e.printStackTrace();
     System.exit(1);
     } catch (Exception e) {
     System.out.print("Exception in init\n");
     e.printStackTrace();
     System.exit(1);
      }
}
Erick Stohr - PageLab Network, Inc.
mailto:erick@pagelab.net  http://pagelab.net

Your search-to-sale global e-commerce solution!

Toll free 1-800-447-0607
Voice 612-362-9224
Fax 612-362-9227
43 Main Street SE, Suite 228