TCLUG Development Archive

Re: php question

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Scott wrote:

     Before I go about writing something elaborate to solve my
problem I thought someone here might know of an easier way to
deal with this.
     I've written a php+mysql online journal system for me and
my few lusers, and everything works great except for one small
issue.  When a page is called up, if the person hasn't manually
inserted <br> or <p> tags to begin a new paragraph, all of the
text will get displayed in one big block.  The carriage returns
a person puts into the form get carried over into the dbase
entry, but when php sucks it back out for general displaying
it has that formatting problem.
     Should I just try to write something that automagically
inserts a page break at every instance of a carriage return, or
is there an easier way of dealing with this?

Scott
-- ossuary.net --
"I can see you now, smiling as you pulled away"
 -Berlin