Re: [TCLUG:13126] TCLUG-Programming (was Re: [TCLUG:13090] Java Developers)

^chewie wrote:

> I'd be up for a general programmer's list as well.  Although, do we really
> have all that much traffic on this list to warrant splitting out another
> one just for programming?  I agree that a topic focus on an email list is
> a good thing, just wonder if it's necessary in this case.
>
> Anyway, if we're going to do it, why not tclug-programming. ;-)

I think the development list could handle the traffic for
development/programming.  The reason for splitting is that the Linux
list has been really tolerant of programming questions in the past.
However, I think that people might get a bit perturbed if they are
constantly having to <del>
Java/Python/Perl/C/C++/Scheme/Pascal/TrueBasic messages on a Linux
list.  It was the same rational behind moving job posts to a separate
list.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant