Caldera v1.2

Hi all:

From the last TCLUG meeting, I have the Caldera
Linux v1.2 package.  After looking it over, I
decided it would be in my best interests to
stay with RedHat 5.0.1.  I can explain my
findings at the next meeting to those few
wo may be interested.  In any case, if anyone
wants it before the next meeting, post here
to the list and we can make arrangements.

As an aside, I am embarking on doing some
guitar-oriented apps for Linux.  After looking
over the various X widget and tool sets, I have
settled on V++.  I have read much of the manual
and downloaded the code.  Over the next week or
two, I hope to become familiar enough with V++
to begin the GUI for my first app: a guitar
chord builder.  The engine I wrote should serve
as a good start for a number of other apps in
the future.  If there are other people interested
in thissort of thing,maybe we can get together and
get something bigger going.

Again, it would be interesting to compare notes
on other people's findings about various desktop
environments, X widget and tools sets, etc.  I have
my own opinions but am open-minded enough to look
at what other people have discovered also.  I am
always interested to learn more about Linux, X,
and Unix in general.

Tony