Re: [TCLUG:59] Saturday's meeting.

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Michael Hicks wrote:

> Hmm.. I'm not a newbie, but has anyone had any luck with some of the
> X-based filemanagers?  I know that there are a lot of people that hate
> these GUI apps, but if you want to get many people from the Win95/98/NT
> audience, they'd better start showing up...
>
> Anyway, I've tried FileRunner, but I'd really like something with
> drag-n-drop...

The Qt license is objectionable to some, but KDE is (IMO) totally
cool, and the file manager for it is drag-n-drop.

Personally, though, I prefer FileRunner! :-) In exchange for no
drag-n-drop I get lots of configurability, useful buttons, *and* it's
enabled for my Intellimouse with wheel!

My 2 cents (at most),

Fred W. Noltie Jr.
Criterion Consulting