Re: Messed up linux drive

just a note to everyone.. i'd apreciate it if people didn't just reply to the
list with new qustions,  and not bother to change the subject line..
(just me being picky)

if you want to know how to setup a mail alias in pine or something.. ask me at
the meeting

on a note for this HDD problem.. it could be just hardware failure.. i'd have
to have a diagnostic disk in the machine to really tell what's going on.  it
could be something as simple as a loose cable, or it could be total drive
failure.  If this is a DNS server for a production enviornment, i would not
have used IDE drives.. but that's also me just being picky. :)

On 28-Apr-98 JoshB [JellyD/L] wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Fred W. Noltie Jr. wrote:
>> Can anyone explain to me exactly (or even roughly :-) ) what is going
>> on here, and how I can fix it?
>
> heh, no clue, sorry :\
>
> informal vote: is my hdd fuq'd, or just the install ? (from my dns beside
> me, when booting):
>
> [snip usual kernel booting stuff]
> ide0: reset: success
>  hda1 hda2
> VFS: mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
> Problem: block on freelist at 00007c50 isn't free.
> Problem: block on freelist at 00007c50 isn't free.
> Problem: block on freelist at 00007c50 isn't free.
> Unable to load interpreter
>
> _        <- (infinitely blinking cursor)
>
> it's runnin redhat4, i think. this just .. happened one day. not really
> important, but its a pain in the arse to pull the hdd out of the dns and
> stick it in my normal box, cuz the dns hasn't a cdrom drive, and my hub's
> at someone else's house for a while, so ive got no lan :(
>
> -JoshB [JellyD] [joshb@techie.com]
> [UIN:197861] [IRC:DALNet:#!safehaven]

TTYL,
        Ben Kochie (ben@intexp.com)

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
                                        -Scott Adams

To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
feature-poor toys.
                                        -How to tell an Engineer