Mailing list vs Web Site

Quoting James Hall (jhall@accessmgmt.com):
> Let's say that nine months from now I decide to post a job availability
> with TCLUG.  I only want to post the one job offer.
>
> Now I need to remember that there's a mailing list for this, so I have
> to subscribe to the list, wait to get confirmed by the robot, make my
> post, wait for it to be posted, then unsubscribe from the list.

No that is not true. You could just post the job listing to the list.
You do not need to be ON the list to post to it. Right now that is the
way tclug-list is setup. But to a job posting list, it would probably
support non-list-subscriber posting.

> This seems to be a lot more work than just going to the TCLUG web page,
> and filling out an on-line form for the job description.

Problem with web site forms is that there is no checks (unless you do
it manually) for "spam" postings. With a mailing list you can
blacklist domain names, hostnames, IP address, etc. More control.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700