Re: [TCLUG:224] RE: LUG - bash error and fat32

hahahha.. Slackwarian.. i like it..

you really don't have to specify the format when you use mount.. modern mount
detects the type.

one more not for people.. i normally remove MSDOS support from my kernel, but
turn vfat on.. vfat works with both MSDOS, and real vfat drives.. i prefer it
because it stores caps properly, and it does long file names

On 20-May-98 Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 1998, Ben Kochie wrote:
>
>> it does not require any compilcation to use floppies in linux..
>
> Yeah: complication is optional. :)
>
>> either use a pre-formated dos disk, or do this
>>
>> # mkdosfs /dev/fd0
>>
>> then you can mount it
>> # mkdir /mnt/fd
>> # mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/fd
>
> This is all very Slackwarian. Since you're using Red Hat, you may need to
> modify these commands slightly:
>
># fdformat /dev/fd0H1440
># mkfs -t msdos /dev/fd0
>
> Red Hat already has /mnt/floppy ready for you, you don't need to 'mkdir
> /mnt/fd'. But you can if you like.
>
> then, to mount and un-mount:
>
># mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
># umount /mnt/floppy

TTYL,
        Ben Kochie (ben@intexp.com)

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
                                        -Scott Adams

To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
feature-poor toys.
                                        -How to tell an Engineer