ICQ?

Hmm..  As long as some people are up... :)

Has anyone around here fiddled with MICQ?  I haven't been able to get a
copy (apparently, the main FTP site was a dorm computer somewhere..  His
school must have just let out for the summer.  Grr..)

Anyway, I really like the ICQ concept.  IRC is nice, but not the same..
I don't even want to get in that argument.

I've found a bit of interesting info, though..

GTK Interface Prototype:
http://www.korsoft.com/~gabriel/icq.html

The ICQ Protocol:
http://www.min.net/~douglas/icq091.txt

I think the main distribution site used to be micq.ml.org, which
resolves out to an IP/hostname that lands it at Rochester Institute of
Technology in Rochester, NY.

Anyway, if I can ever find this stuff, I'll probably let you guys
know..  It looks like MICQ runs in text-mode (though I could be wrong..)

Interesting stuff..

Mike Hicks