applying a patch

Hello and Thanks.

My /usr partition is now mounting at start-up.  The problem was in the
fstab folder.  There was a '0' where there should have been 'defaults'.

My next question is about applying a patch.  I successfully downloaded
and gunzipped the patch for fat32 support.  However, I am not quite sure
on how to install it.  After gunzipping, I moved the patch to the
/usr/src directory.  I entered the command 'patch -p0 fat32_~1'.
Then I was face with the prompt 'File to Patch:'  .   I tried a variety
of things here, but none of them were successful.  So, what is the file
to patch?

Tahnks,
Randle