Re: [TCLUG:270] compiles a C program but won't run it

Ben Kochie wrote:

> ./greedy

Hmm.. What's the latency on the listserv anyway?  I notice that it seems
to vary a lot, and I've had it take hours before I get back a message I
posted...

Anyway, I did notice the other night on one of my few forays into IRC
that everyone responds with the same answer at the same time...

-->  I type in ./shell-script, but it says './shell-
script: Permission denied'

response 1> chmod +x shell-script
response 2> chmod +x shell-script
response 3> chmod +x shell-script
(someone makes a comment about 'perfect timing,' since it all happened
within 2 seconds...)
response 4> chmod 777 shell-script :)

But anyway...  Just thought it was a funny pseudo-anecdote....

Mike Hicks
--
I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.