Re: [TCLUG:429] RADSL

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Jennifer McNitt wrote:

> Has anyone heard if Frontier Communications is going to offer ADSL
> connections anytime in the future?  I live in Rosemount and my husband
> would like to use ADSL instead of IDSN for our dedicated line.
>
> Currently we have a dedicated modem (56K) and are looking to upgrade
> to something faster at some point in time.
>
> The dedicated line is used for our personal use, plus is used for the
> BBS I have.  I use Linux for routing.

I'm not sure about Frontier specifically, as they aren't a MEANS PILEC,
but several of the rurual telcos will be rolling it out slowly over hte
next 12 months.

One of hte problems is the 15 to 24 thousand foot limitations on loops
(depending on equipment) makes it tough for a lot of places to roll it
out.

Robert Hayden			rhayden@means.net	       UIN: 3937211
IP Network Administrator	http://rhayden.means.net
MEANS Telcom			(612) 230-4416