Standard newbie problem - connectivity

Hello all,

I have the standard newbie problem of unable to connect to my ISP (I am
writing through the other OS on this box - NT).  I can connect through
minicom but once connected, it drops.  Anyway, before I use my 30 days
of support through RedHat, I wanted to upgrade minicom and ppp.  I
cannot upgrade minicom because of a libncurses.so.4 dependency and there
lies the rub.  I cannot find the package that would upgrade libncurses.
I have upgraded both libc, glibc and ncurses to no avail. What package
contains libncurses.so.4?

Perry Hoekstra
dutchman@mn.uswest.net