Re: [TCLUG:611] Web Browser

Clark Whiting wrote:

> So, what's the best Web Browser for Linux?
> I played with Arena -- which came with my 4.2 CD, but it loves to core
> dump on just about every other web site. I also downloaded NCSA's Mosaic
> for Linux, and it is even worse. I surfed around and couldn't find
> anything. I figured Netscape would have a browser, since they have a
> Linux server, but I couldn't find anything in there website.
>
> What's out there and how can I get it?

There is a version of Netscape out there for Linux.  That's what I'm
currently using.  I've had no problems with it.  When I first started
using it, it was kinda flaky but it's straightened up its act since
then.  By god, there's even a version on Microsofts Internet Explorer
for Linux, apparently.   I can't give specifics as to how you'll find
the Linux version on the netscape site, but its there.  I'm surprised
that it didn't come with your 4.2 CD.  RedHat 5.1 had Communicator on
it.

Thanks,
Brian Seppanen
seppanen@pconline.com