Re: [TCLUG:669] Still fighting with Dialup

Michael Hicks wrote:

> > I am now examing how I have my IP address stated.  I am
> > dynamically given an IP address everytime I log in so I have an IP
> > address of 0.0.0.0 in all of my files. Is this correct for dynamic
> > IP?
>
> Umm.. I don't think you have to put in any IP address at all..  Or does
> that not work?
>
> Mike Hicks
> --
> Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste

It shouldn't matter what IP you put it, but I do think you need one. It
is just safer to use 0.0.0.0, and after the PPP connection is
established you will get a new IP. Run /sbin/ifconfig to see if the PPP
connection ever gets established. Also make sure your pppd is working.
Try running it from the command line. You should see garbage on the
screen.

Clay
Clay Fandre            Honeywell - CAS-SPO / Coon Rapids, MN
System Administrator   cfandre@cfsmo.honeywell.com