Re: [TCLUG:688] Late Install of LILO

Richard Seymour wrote:

> Duringone of my reboots somewhere along the line I trashed my master boot
> record, so when I tried booting I got LI instead of LILO. I replaced the
> master boot record with the DOS command fdisk /mbr, and I am now booting
> Red Hat Linux 5.1 from a floppy.
>
> How do I reinstall LILO so I don't need to boot from the floppy?

I've attached a copy of my lilo.conf.  It's pretty straightforward.
Modify it to your needs.  You may still have your old lilo.conf to use.
Put it in /etc and run /sbin/lilo from the command line.

You may need to /sbin/lilo -u and then reinstall it however.
HTH
Brian Seppanen
seppanen@pconline.com
boot=/dev/hda