Re: [TCLUG:716] Linux Databases

Unfortunately, Informix isn't planning on having their DB ported until next year
also.

The free DB that many Linux folk seem to be using is PostgresSQL. I have it
installed (it comes on the RH CD), but haven't had the time to play with it yet.

There are a couple of other commercial DB's out there that have ports. The one I
can think of off-hand is Computer Associates. I believe the product is called
Ingres, and it's supposed to be pretty good. Anybody that knows better, feel
free to chime in.

Neal