Linux and Sendmail

I am wondering what Linux and Sendmail will do if /var/spool/mqueue is
writable and /var/spool/mail is non-writable?

I trying to test what will happen on a MX host that has NFS mounted
/var/spool/mail from the main mail server but that main mail server is
down. Therefore the MX host will accept mail for the down main mail
server.

My hope is the the MX host will spool the incoming mail into
/var/spool/mqueue and try to write it to /var/spool/mail, but when it
fails (main mail server is down) it will keep the mail inside
/var/spool/mqueue.

Anyone know?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700