Re: [TCLUG:1003] Request for help from Duluth LUG (mailing list)

Ben Kochie wrote:

> wow.. you should have joined the ACM.. groups are only as cool as the
> members make them. :)

I am joining the ACM this fall and I've already mentioned the idea of a Duluth LUG
to the couple of ACM members who are staying up here this summer.  They love the
idea.  :)

Of course I will be announcing the Duluth LUG at the first ACM meeting I can attend.

> > > You'll need to get Clay and/or Scott's approval, but I'd be more then
> > > happy to host the mailing list for free here at Real Time.
> > >
> > > I have been trying to get mn.linux.org for months, but until then you
> > > could use @real-time.com, just like the TCLUG does.
> > >
> > > Maybe something like DULLUG?
> > >
> > > Scott, Clay any problems with this?
> > >
> > > List users any problems with this?

I'm sorely glad the response has been positive.  I'm consulting my roommate and
co-founder about taking this offer up (that is if there are no objections).  You
should hear from me on this within a day or two.

> > Heck no. It's good to hear you guys up there are finally getting
> > something going. (I was stuck up there for 5 cold years without any
> > Linux groups.) Let me know if there is anything you guys need any help
> > starting the group. Do you guys have a web page going yet? I get up in
> > that area quite often so let me know when you hold your meetings.

No web page yet (I'm gonna work on that this weekend).  If you're interested in the
design I'll be using check out my regular homepage at

http://www.d.umn.edu/~dfinton/

We'll no doubt be posting messages here for help from time to time.  This is my
first LUG after all.  :)

I'm shooting for our first meeting to be help by end of Septemberish/beginning of
Octoberish (I'm being deliberately vague at this point in time because very little
is actually set in stone).  I'll also have to set up something with either the CS
department or another department in setting up a room we can use for meetings.
Since school hasn't started yet it will be difficult in getting anything concrete
going until everyone starts classes again.

Thanks for the great replies to the message.  You'll no doubt be hearing from me
again (next year when I move down there I may actually join the TC-LUG :).

See ya soon!

                - Dave