Re: [TCLUG:1094] UPS with Linux

Tim Wilson wrote:

> I need to get a UPS for my server, and I'd like to get recommendations

I have a small UPS- APC Network Powercell (4 outlets, about 10 min
runtime);  I don't think they make these anymore but I can tell you
this:  the thing has done it's job for the last 3 yrs+.  I like to demo
it when I have people over; fire up the PC, then pull the UPS plug from
the wall; PC still runs...  I'm personally impressed with quality of APC
products.  If I had a $1 for everytime the UPS alarm went off (to let me
know of bad/missing or spike power)...

Unfortunately I don't have the cable between UPS & serial port.  I've
been meaning to get one but have put it off.  I think they run $40 and
can be obtained from APC or CDW.

I won't run my PC without a UPS ever again.
--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26