Re: [TCLUG:1216] eth0 problems (cont.)

This advise is also timely for me.  I was at the installfest doing
hardware and software upgrades.  The installation of 32MB of new
RAM worked fine, but in rearranging my hard drives I got things wrong.

In order to fault-isolate the problem, I took out all my cards except
for the video controller.  Thanks the help I got from the kind souls
at the installfest, I got everything running again, and even installed
RH5.1.

When I got home, I discovered that neither Windows 95 nor Linux was
recognizing my ethernet adapter.  It had originally been set up under
DOS.  Fortunately, I do have a dual-boot system, and tonight I will
try to reinitialize the card (a 3com 3C509B-Combo ISA) in DOS.

I appreciate the suggestions people have made here, and just want you
all to know that the audience may be bigger than you realize.

dsc