dhcpd problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with dhcp on my Sibley network. I think it may be
related to the power outage we suffered a few days ago because it worked
correctly before.

I've got a Cheapbytes RedHat disk mounted on my server, and I'm trying to
do an ftp install on one of my old Compaqs in the computer lab. I can't
get the server to hand out an IP address. I've killed and restarted dhcpd,
and it reports that it's listening and sending, but nothing happens when I
request an IP with the Compaq.

Is there someway I can monitor the "conversation" between the server and
client in this case. I don't even know if they're talking to each other. I
do have green lights on my hub though, so that makes me think that it's a
problem with the server. I've also tried a different hub, but that didn't
help either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your