Re: [TCLUG:1257] Hard Drive Install question

In a message dated 9/17/98, 1:38:51 PM, tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
writes:
<<
I am attempting to install from the hard drive. Currently Windows 95 is in
one partition taking up the bulk of the space. I have used Partition Magic
to create an 80MB unformatted partition in which I intend to install
Linux. Once that is working I will remove Windows 95 altogether.

Problem is during the install I get the following error:

No Drives Found

You did create an extended linux partition from Partition Magic ?
Check if it detected your hard drive during bootup in the bootup messages.
You can switch to other virtual terminals using the "<Alt>-F1" F2, F3
key sequences they will let you see what the installation program is trying to
do
in greater detail and you might be able to figure something out from there.

Hope this helps.
sandipan