Re: [TCLUG:1393] print server

Sorry about the previous mail..

One option is to set the printer up as a local printer on the print server.

Set up the remote printer management stuff by editing the hosts.lpd file

Then you can set up remote printers on the other unix machines which
would point to the queue of the print server.

Set up Samba and share the printer in the /etc/smb.conf file so that windows
machines can see it on the network neighbourhood for remote printing.

Hope this helps.

<< 'm using RedHat 5.1. At the point of configuring the printer, it asks
 whether it is a local printer, remote lpd, or LAN Manager. I know that LAN
 Manager has to do with Windows, but I'm not sure if I should choose local
 or remote. Certainly the printer is local for the print server, but will I
 be able to print to it from other computers with that config? >>