Re: [TCLUG:1491] not load second copy of netscape

> In your example you would do :
> netscape -remote 'openURL (URL, new-window) '
>
> You can lookup the other commands at :
> http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html.

I can't get this to work for pine. I want to write a shell script called
newnetscape that I tell pine to load that will load a new netscape,
however if this is my script:

#!/bin/sh
netscape -remote 'openURL ($1, new-window)'

then it tries to open $1 and not what is stored in the variable $1. The ()
is what changes this and I don't know why nor a way to force bash to treat
$1 as a variable even though it is in parathenis.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben