Re: [TCLUG:1540] RC5 key proxy

Sometime around the 1st of October in 1998, a certain Tim Wilson said:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been running the RC5 client on my server for a few days now (850
> kkeys/sec, by the way). I'd like to have the server act as a proxy key
> server for the rest of the machines on my network. Has anyone else ever
> done this. I've looked through the distributed.net website, but I can't
> find a reference for this.

I'll assume you checked http://www.distributed.net/proxies.html .. but if
you didn't, that's all I could find on the topic. It sets up your machine
to download a whole buncha blocks, and it becomes the keyserver for your
client machines, handing out blocks as necessary, and keeping its buffers
full so the clients don't hafta make a connection outside of the local
network.

It might be fun to try, but the performance gains should be negligible,
depending on how fast your link to the normal keyservers are. I'd try it
solely "because I can."

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |