Re: [TCLUG:1567] X dies with Ctrl-Alt-F2

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> don't run gpm when you boot up.  when you switch to text mode, gpm has
> control of the mouse. if you're using the mouse (even if you bump it)
> when switching back to X, X will die.

Yeah, this is most likely the problem; I've heard of it before. Thing is,
which is weird, some people have trouble with it and some don't -- I used
to run both X and gpm with no problems on the same hardware. The world may
never know...

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/