RE: [TCLUG:1585] STATE FAIR SUPER COMPUTER SALE

I agree. We have the equivalent in San Francisco and I made the mistake of
buying parts for the computer show and when something went wrong I had to
ship the parts 100 miles south to get them tested etc. For an extra $20 I
could have bought all the parts from on place locally and not have the
hassle with dealing with multiple companies in far off locations.

The computer shows are good for grey-market software (to be bundled with a
new computer) and sometimes linux cdroms (6cd set of powertools for $15 or
$20).