Re: [TCLUG:1645] NT + Linux?

I know that NT Loader booting DOS 7.0 then Loadlin-ing Linux from
there works as I have done a few "stupid boot tricks" for fun (like a
cascading quadruple boot system, without System Commander (yes, I did
say stupid)). I don't suggest it however.

The HOWTO would be the best place, I think. Maybe I should have read
it?

;)

Troy

>>> Nate Carlson <natecars@infiniteloop.com> 10/06 10:42 PM >>>
In my experience, NT and Linux have always coexisted fine. Try
reading the
HOWTO on it.. it tells you how to make the NT boot loader boot Linux.
usually just install LILO as usual, and it boots NT fine over here..
YMMV.

-Nate Carlson
 The Infinite Loop
 natecars@infiniteloop.com

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Mihir Wagle wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with both of these coexisting?
>

> I've had it with NT! First it wouldn't format a 4 GB partition I
had
> allocated for it using NTFS, so I had to creat two 2 GB partitions
for NT
> and allocate the remaining two for Linux. Next we installed NT
first,
> since we didn't want it writing all over the MBR. Finally we
installed
> Red Hat 5.1 and put LILO in the MBR, and added NT as a boot option.
Linux

Web:http://www.cems.umn.edu/~wagle

tclug-list-help@listserv.real-time.com