Re: [TCLUG:1752] KDE software

In a message dated 10/14/98, 7:23:34 AM, tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
writes:
<<Does anyone know if there's a place to download all of the basic KDE
package and libraries conveniently, preferably in RPM format. I know that
there are some packages at RedHat's site and kde.org, but there
are a bunch of libraries that need to be installed too. I'm doing this for
a colleague so he can give Linux a try. I don't use KDE, and I'm not that
interested in it, so I need a convenient place to get the RPMs that won't
take a lot of time.

Here is one place you can try:
ftp://canine.resnet.gatech.edu/pub/kde/1.0/FOR-REDHAT-5.X/

I downloaded them from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/stable/distributions/rpm/Redhat5.1/ a few weeks ago
but looks like that is no longer available.

I have the rpms with me on my hard-disk and intend to back it up to a CD-ROM
which I can loan you if you like.

regards,
sandipan