Re: [TCLUG:1777] directory sizes

    Nate> Try 'du'.  -Nate Carlson The Infinite Loop
    Nate> natecars@infiniteloop.com

And if you want to sort the directories (this will put the largest
last):

	du | sort -n

(if you want that is largest to smallest: du | sort -rn)

This can take a while. One problem with du is that it can only show
the size of either the entire dirctory tree below the path it is given
or the size of items in the current directory. So if you only want
things one or two directories deep you need to look elsewhere. find is
good for this or you could pipe the results of du to a perl/awk script.

Andrew